Karim Barghouti is director of the department of Philosophy and Cultural Studies at Birzeit University. He also teaches at the Abu Lughod Institute for International Studies. Before, Karim Barghouti was the Dean for Academic Affairs at Birzeit University. He also worked with many academic institutions, including the University of Bethlehem and Al-Tireh School.
Besides his academic experience, Karim Barghouti worked extensively on democracy, on human rights issues and on Euro-Mediterranean relations.
Karim Barghouti is the author of several books and publications dealing with: Palestinian legal and constitutional issues; Islamic fundamentalism and globalisation; Islamic movements and democracy.
Working languages: Arabic, English, Russian
Fields of specialisation
- Political, Economic and Social Issues in Palestinian Territories
- Arab-Israeli Conflict
- Religion and Identity in the Middle East and North Africa
- Islamist Movements in the Middle East
- Euro-Mediterranean Relations
- Russia and the Arab world